Bulletin météo du 17 avril 2015
Spirit of Hungary a franchi le détroit de Gibraltar et va bénéficier de vents favorables pour son entrée en Méditerranée. les vents devraient ensuite mollir à partir de demain avec des effets de brise le long des côtes espagnoles et marocaines.
*** SYNOPSIS ***
00Z FRIDAY (17-APR-2015)
1) High pressure (1026mb) near 39N/35W. Low pressure (1012mb) near 44N/13W. A N tending NW flow of moderate wind across the Gulf of Cadiz.
2) A broad flow of light SW winds across the Alboran Sea and into the southwestern Med. Sea breezes will be prevalent across the southern coast of Spain.
3) Lighter winds with overnight land breezes and daytime sea breezes from the Gulf of Valencia to Barcelona.
00Z SATURDAY (18-APR-2015)
1) Low pressure (1014mb) at 43N/10W with high pressure (1023mb) near 36N/18W. Generally moderate N/NNW flow across the Gulf of Cadiz and down the Moroccan coast.
2) A trough of low pressure extends from the low across Iberia and the Alboran Sea to northwest Algeria. Light and variable conditions in the Gibraltar Strait and Alboran Sea. Coastl afternoon sea breezes prevail on the Spanish coast.
3) A light SE flow over the Balearic Islands and into the Gulf of Valencia. Sea breezes along the east coast of Spain in the afternoon.
00Z SUNDAY (19-APR-2015)
1) High pressure (1022mb) near 35N/16W with a ridge extending northeast across southern Portugal and into central Spain. A second ridge will extend east across northern Morocco and into northwest Algeria.
2) Low pressure (1011mb) will be over the Bay of Biscay with a trough extending south over eastern Spain.
3) Moderate to fresh W'lies will blow out of the Gibraltar Strait and into the western Alboran Sea. W/SW winds will continue moderate south of Spain and into the Southwestern Med.
4) SW'lies wrap around the eastern side of Spain. Light along the coast overnight due to land breezes. Accelerated flow at the coast in the afternoon due to sea breezes.
General Forecast along race route
*** FRIDAY (17-APR-2015) ***
* Gulf of Cadiz to Gibraltar Strait *
WIND: NW/N 10-15 tending W in the Strait. Winds easing in the strait after sunrise to become light and variable.
SEAS: 1m or less
WEATHER: Mainly sunny.
* Alboran Sea *
WIND: W 10-15 in the morning mid sea. Light and variable along the coast. Becoming light and variable in the middle portion of the sea during the day,
with local sea breezes developing on the both the Spanish and Moroccan coast. Sea breezes will tend to be stronger in the afternoon on the Spanish coast.
SEAS: 1m or less
WEATHER: Some scattered low clouds, otherwise mainly sunny.