Weather Forecast 20/04/2015
Spirit of Hungary had slightly better winds today than expected. Progress is slow but steady. Conditions will be tricky this morning with very light winds, however this afternoon, sea breeze are expected to improve pace for the final miles into the finish in Barcelona.
*** SYNOPSIS ***
00Z MONDAY (20-APR-2015)
1) High pressure (1029mb) near the Azores extends a ridge east to
2) A weak low pressure (1015mb) over Sardinia.
3) A trough of low pressure from northwest of Spain across the country to
near the northwest coast of Algeria.
4) Light and variable conditions south of Spain with local drainage wind
dominating along the coast at night. In daytime, coastal sea breezes
5) Over the Gulf of Valencia and Balearic Sea, light to moderate S/SE
flow gradually eases, replace by light sea breezes.
00Z TUESDAY (21-APR-2015)
1) Weak high pressure (1024mb) over eastern Spain. Meanwhile, a thermal
low pressure (1016mb) over western Spain and Portugal.
2) Building Levante winds south of Spain, while light NE winds blow
across Palma and the Gulf of Valencia. Lighter conditions off
Barcelona. Sea breezes along the coast in the afternoon.
General Forecast along race route
*** NDAY (19-APR-2015) ***
* Gulf of Valencia and Balearic Sea *
WIND: Light S/SE winds 5-10 becoming light and variable before sunrise and
into the mid or late morning. A SE sea breeze will develop along the
Spanish mainland coast from Valencia to Barcelona late morning through mid-
day. This will fill out offshore 10-15 and a light SE gradient is also
expected to develop by this evening.
SEAS: Less than 1m.
WEATHER: Mainly sunny.