Météo du 12 janvier
Les premier bateaux libérés du Pot au noir vont bénéficier de flux d'Est-Sud-Est sur leur route au sud de l'équateur. Ceux qui progressent encore dans le Pot au noir vont faire une période de vent un peu moins soutenu dans les prochaines 12-24 heures. Par la suite, un resserrement est attendu alors que la bordure nord du Pot au noir se déplace vers le Sud, augmentant leur chance de s'échapper rapidement.
00Z MONDAY (12-JAN-2015):
1) North of the doldrums, NE trade winds of moderate-fresh strength are
continue across the Cape Verde Islands. Winds mainly NNE/N east of 25W,
tending NE 25W to 30W.
2) South of the Cape Verde islands, moderate NE trade winds extend to the
northern Doldrums boundary, which lies at 7N/20W - 6N/25W - 4N/30W.
3) The southern Doldrums boundary extends from around 3N/20W - 2N/25W -
4) Widespread showers and thunderstorms are occurring, especially along
the northern doldrums boundary. There is a patch of lighter breeze in
the doldrums from about 24W to 27W. This area is expected to fill
5) South of the Doldrums, winds shift ESE and build light-moderate. ESE
tending SE winds are expected by 1S, becoming Moderate around 4S.
6) Winds moderate SE tending ESE south of about 5S. More right-shifted
(SE) winds are found near 20W while more left shifted (ESE) near 30W.
7) The South Atlantic high (1023mb) will be centered near 25S/24W.
00Z TUESDAY (13-JAN-2015):
1) Moderate-fresh NNE/NE trades will continue across the Cape Verde
Islands. There will be a generally trend of increasing winds across
2) Moderate NE/NNE winds south of 15N and east of 29W. West of 29W,
moderate to fresh NEílies. There will be a more left-shifted (NNE/N)
breeze east 25W.
3) Northern doldrums boundary holds around 5N-6N, though wider and
further north toward 20W. The northern boundary may become more difuse
as the day progresses, especially west of 24W.
4) The southern boundary will lie around 2N west of 24W. East of 24W, the
southern boundary will be closer to 1N.
5) Winds are expected to hold light Eíly in the Doldrums. Winds may hold
moderate west of about 28W. Lighter patches are likely between 24W and
28W. Very light and variable conditions east of 24W.
6) South of the doldrums, a modest building trend of ESE wind to light-
moderate, especially west of 25W. Moderate ESE winds will be south of
7) A broad zone of moderate ESE/E trade winds is forecast between 10S and
20S between 25W and 35W. Winds will tend to back ESE to E with
8) The South Atlantic high (1022mb) will be centered near 26S/26W.
00Z WEDNESDAY (14-JAN-2015):
1) North of the doldrums, trade winds light-moderate NNE at 20W
increasing and veering moderate NE at 30W.
2) The doldrums will be shifting south once again. The northern boundary
will be near 2N/30W - 4N/25W at 5N/20W. The southern boundary will be
along about 1N.
3) Within the doldrums, light and variable conditions east of 23-24W.
Otherwise NE tending E west of 25W. The zone will be narrowest with
stronger cross-flow west of 28W.
4) South of the doldrums, light moderate ESE trade winds from 1N to 5S.
5) Moderate ESE/SE trades 5S to 10S.
6) Between 10S and 22S, mainly moderate ESE trade winds in the zone
between 25W and 35W. Note winds will be more SE east of 25W and more
ESE/E west of 30W.
7) The South Atlantic high (1022mb) will shift a little west to 26S/28W.
00Z THURSDAY (15-JAN-2015):
1) Northern doldrums boundary will be shifting south to 4N/20W ñ 3N/25W ñ
2N/30W. Doldrums will be wider with lighter winds within them east of
25W. East of 25W, light Eíly increasing to light-moderate at 30W.
2) The southern doldrums boundary will be sitting near 1N, except closer
to the Equator east of 23W.
3) South of the Equator, ESE veering SE south of 2S.
4) A moderate to fresh ESE trade wind will be west of 27W and south of 5S.
East of 27W, winds will ease and veer more SEíly.
5) South of 10N, steady ESE trades, mainly moderate in strength.
6) The South Atlantic high (1021mb) will be near 28S/27W.
General Forecast along race route
*** MONDAY (12-JAN-2015) ***
>>> CAPE VERDE ISLANDS WEST (20W to 30W and 10N to 15N): N/NNE 10-15 east
of 23W. NNE/NE 15-20 west of 23W.
>>> Tropical Atlantic (20W to 30W and 05N to 10N): Generally NE 10-15 at
10N decreasing to NE/ENE 5-10 at 5N. Much lighter toward 20W.
>>> DOLDRUMS (20W to 30W and Equator to 05N): North of 02N, E 5-10. Much
lighter and variable 24W to 27W. South of 02N, ESE 6-10 increasing to 8-12
at the equator.
>>> SE Trades (20W to 30W and Equator to 05S): ESE 10-15 at the equator,
tending SE 12-16 at 05S.
>>> SE Trades (20W to 30W and 05S to 10S): SE 12-16 backing ESE with
SEAS: 1-2m north of doldrums, decreasing to around 1m or less in doldrums
and 1m south of the doldrums. Seas building 1-2m south of 3S.
WEATHER: Frequent showers and squalls north of the doldrums. Scattered
showers and thunderstorms in the doldrums. Partial clearing south of about
*** TUESDAY (13-JAN-2015) ***
>>> Tropical Atlantic (20W to 30W and 05N to 10N): NNE/NE 12-16, stronger
further north and lighter (under 10) further south.
>>> DOLDRUMS (20W to 30W and Equator to 05N): Mainly ENE tending ESE with
distance south 5-10. East of 24W, E generally less than 5. South of 1N,
tending ESE 7-12.
>>> SE Trades (20W to 30W and Equator to 05S): ESE 7-12 at the Equator,
increasing to 10-15 at 5S.
>>> SE Trades (20W to 30W and 05S to 10S): SE 10-15 at 5S tending 12-17 10S.
>>> BRAZILIAN COAST (25W to Coast and 10S to 15S): E 12-16.
>>> SE Trades (20W to 25W and 10S to 15S): ESE 10-15.
SEAS: 1-2m north of the doldrums, subsiding. 1m or less in the doldrums.
Increasing to 1-2m with distance south of the Equator.
WEATHER: Scattered showers and a few squalls north of the doldrums.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the doldrums. Clearing south of
about 02N. Showers west of 30W.
*** WEDNESDAY (14-JAN-2015) ***
>>> Tropical Atlantic (20W to 30W and 05N to 10N): NE 10-15.
>>> DOLDRUMS (20W to 30W and Equator to 05N): North of doldrums, NE 10-15,
decreasing close to the boundary and very light under any cloudy. West of
26W, mainly E 5-10. East of 26W, 3-8 with some calms likely east of 23W.
South of 1N, becoming ESE/SE 5-10.
>>> SE Trades (20W to 30W and Equator to 05S): E/ESE 5-10 at the equator
increasing to ESE/SE 10-15 near 5S.
>>> SE Trades (20W to 30W and 05S to 10S): West of 27W, ESE 12-16. East of
27W, ESE/SE 10-15.
>>> BRAZILIAN COAST (25W to Coast and 10S to 15S): E 12-16, except tending
ENE near coast.
>>> SE Trades (20W to 25W and 10S to 15S): E/ESE 10-15.
SEAS: North of 4S, 1m or less. 1-2m south of 8S.
WEATHER: Active showers and thunderstorms in the doldrums. Scattered
showers, especially closer to the Brazilian coast.