Bulletin météo du 9 avril 2015
We Are Water va terminer lentement dans les petits airs le long de la côte espagnole qui sévissent depuis deux jours. Ils vont trouver quelques restes de la brise de terre ce matin, mais vont devoir attendre l'établissement de la brise de mer pour se diriger vers la ligne d'arrivée. Renault Captur est en train de pénétrer dans une zone de vents faibles qui devraient ralentir sa progression les deux prochains jours. Spirit of Hungary fait route au nord dans des alizés assez faibles à modérés. Ils devraient continuer ainsi encore pendant deux jours avant de chercher le bon moment pour virer de bord et faire route directe vers Gibraltar.
*** SYNOPSIS ***
00Z THURSDAY (09-APR-2015)
1) High pressure (1031mb) near 38N/35W.
2) Low pressure (1016mb) near 37N/12W.
3) High pressure supports moderate trade winds. All NE/ENE south of 23N.
4) North of 23N, flow between the high pressure and low pressure comes into play. N/NNE winds from 35N to 30S between 30W and 15W. South of 30N, winds are NNE/NE west of 25W. East of 25W, circulation around the low become more important with Nílies across the Canary Islands.
5) Circulation around the low has NW winds over Madeira back W/SW along the Moroccan coast and S into the Gulf of Cadiz.
6) Strong Eílies across the Alboran Sea south of Spain and out the Gibraltar Strait. Seas very rough across these waters as well. Strong E/NE winds over the southwest Med as a high pressure ridge builds into the central Med.
7) SE winds across Palma/Ibiza into the Gulf of Valencia and southeast coast.
00Z FRIDAY (10-APR-2015)
1) High pressure (1029mb) near 35N/34W. The high pushing south by a cold front just to its north along 50N/23W to 40N/32W to 36N/45W.
2) Weak low pressure (1020mb) just southwest of Lisbon, weakening and slowly moving north.
3) N/NE winds west of Madeira and north of 30N. South of 30N, generally NE/NNE trade winds moderate strength.
4) Between the low and Mardeira/Morocco, and ars of light and variable winds. The low weakens enough so that the circulation is cut off. Nearly calm or variable winds over the Gulf of Cadiz.
5) Eíly winds through the Gibraltar Strait.
6) NE/E winds continue south of Spain with moderate strength. Rough seas will likely linger.
7) A trough of low pressure south of Palma, with E/SE winds across Palma veering E/NE along the immediate Spanish coast.
00Z SATURDAY (11-APR-2015)
1) High pressure (1028mb) near 36N/23W with a ridge extending northeast to 41N/15W and southwest to 31N/38W.
2) South of the ridge, light-moderate N winds along the Portuguese coast will extend south to 30N, backing NNW along the Moroccan coast and into the Gulf of Cadiz. From Madeira west, winds veer NE.
3) The trade winds south of 30N are moderate NE/ENE, generally stronger east of 28W. Strongest winds will be along the Afican coast from the Canary Islands to Cape Verde Islands. Light and patchy winds west of 30W from 20N to 30N.
4) A weak trough of low pressure over the Balearic Islands will support light to moderate NE/E winds south of Spain over the southwestern Med and Alboran Sea. Coastal winds will be much lighter, and veer SE during the afternoon due to thermal sea breezes.
5) Across the Gulf of Valencia and north to Barcelona, NE gradient flow is generally light to light-moderate. Winds much lighter closer to the coast, veering right with weak afternoon coastal sea breezes.
General Forecast along race route
*** THURSDAY (09-APR-2015) ***
* 20N to 25N and 35W to 25W *
WIND: ENE/NE 10-15.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy.
* 31N to 36N and 20W to 10W *
WIND: N 10-15. East of 18W, tending NW 7-12, potentially decreasing to under 7 at times, especially east of 15W.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy with a chance of a few scattered showers.
* Near Barcelona *
WIND: Light and variable becoming SE/SSE 5-10 PM.
SEAS: Less than 1m
WEATHER: Partly cloudy.