Bulletin météo du 16 avril 2015
Renault Captur had a decent performance yesterday reaching north on gradually easing E’ly winds. Lighter conditions have slowed them in the final miles before reaching Barcelona. Spirit of Hungary is reaching northeast almost direct toward Gibraltar. Winds may back a little left as they get closer to the Strait, and winds will ease gradually with time.
00Z THURSDAY (16-APR-2015)
1) Low pressure over the Bay of Biscay will support a cold front across
western Iberia to the Gulf of Cadiz and then into northwestern Morocco.
2) A weak high pressure (1024mb) near 30N/32W with a ridge northeast to
near Lisbon. A N/NW flow south of the ridge axis to 30N.
3) Light and variable winds developing in the Alboran Sea. W’ly flow
arriving in Gibraltar Strait during the day and then spreading into
Alboran Sea later.
4) A trough or weak low pressure will be south to north off the east
coast of Spain. Unsettled weather with winds mainly light except for
light coast sea breezes.
00Z FRIDAY (17-APR-2015)
1) High pressure (1026mb) near 39N/35W. Low pressure (1012mb) near
44N/13W. A N tending NW flow of moderate wind across the Gulf of Cadiz.
2) A broad flow of light SW winds across the Alboran Sea and into the
southwestern Med. Sea breezes will be prevalent across the southern
coast of Spain.
3) Lighter winds with overnight land breezes and daytime sea breezes from
the Gulf of Valencia to Barcelona.
00Z SATURDAY (18-APR-2015)
1) Low pressure (1014mb) at 43N/10W with high pressure (1023mb) near
36N/18W. Generally moderate N/NNW flow across the Gulf of Cadiz and
down the Moroccan coast.
2) A trough of low pressure extends from the low across Iberia and the
Alboran Sea to northwest Algeria. Light and variable conditions in the
Gibraltar Strait and Alboran Sea. Coastl afternoon sea breezes prevail
on the Spanish coast.
3) A light SE flow over the Balearic Islands and into the Gulf of
Valencia. Sea breezes along the east coast of Spain in the afternoon.
General Forecast along race route
*** THURSDAY (16-APR-2015) ***
* 30N to 35N and 10W to Moroccan Coast *
WIND: NW/W 10-15, backing SW along the Moroccan coast except in the
afternoon when W/NW sea breezes are present.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy.
* Gulf of Cadiz *
WIND: W/SW 5-10 increasing 10-15
SEAS: 1m or less
WEATHER: Variable clouds.