Bulletin météo du 14 avril
Renault Captur s'est trouvé aux prises avec de forts vents d'E comme prévu, mais la force des vents s'est révélée beaucoup plus importante que l'annonçaient les prévisions. Ils ont trouvé un petit répit en traversant en direction des côtes algériennes où un petit thalweg a rendu les conditions plus maniables. Le pire semble maintenant derrière eux, mais ce sera du près jusqu'à l'arrivée.
Spirit of Hungary bénéficie de vents favorables tant en force qu'en direction et d'une mer apaisée pour pouvoir progresser rapidement vers le nord-est en direction de Gibraltar. Ils devront traverser toutefois une zone de vents instables les jours prochains avant de rejoindre le détroit.
*** SYNOPSIS ***
00Z TUESDAY (14-APR-2015)
1) Low pressure (1016mb) northeast of Madeira near 35N/14W. A cold front extends from the low south to Lanzarote southwest to 24N/23W to 24N/35W. Winds N’ly west of the low, backing NW across Madeira to 30N and the waters west of the Canary Islands.
2) East of the cold front and low, mainly light winds from along the Moroccan coast north to about 35N in the Gulf of Cadiz. At and north of 25N, winds E’ly and generally moderate in strength.
3) Fresh to strong E’ly flow through Gibraltar Strait.
4) High pressure over the western Med will support a fresh to strong NE/E flow from Palma to south of Almeria. Backed gradient flow (NE) may result in lighter winds off Gibraltar to Almeria. Lighter winds along the Spanish coast, with a good chance of afternoon sea breezes.
5) Light NE winds Gulf of Valencia. Off Barcelona, winds will be light and variable, with local sea breezes dominant there.
00Z WEDNESDAY (15-APR-2015)
1) Low pressure (1013mb) moves to 38N/12W or southwest of Lisbon. A broad NW flow around the western periphery of the low, backing W to the Moroccan coast and then southwest into the Gulf of Cadiz. The low will be slowly weakening, and so will the flow around it.
2) A complex pattern will be developing into the southwestern Med, with a low pressure (1015mb) east of Gibraltar. Stronger E/NE winds over the southwestern Med and Alboran Sea will be slowly weakening and tending N’ly with time.
3) Light conditions over the Gulf of Valencia north to Barcelona will be slowly increasing from the NE, with seas building as well.
00Z THURSDAY (16-APR-2015)
1) Low pressure over the Bay of Biscay will support a cold front across western Iberia to the Gulf of Cadiz and then into northwestern Morocco.
2) A weak high pressure (1024mb) near 30N/32W with a ridge northeast to near Lisbon. A N/NW flow south of the ridge axis to 30N.
3) Light and variable winds developing in the Alboran Sea. W’ly flow arriving in Gibraltar Strait during the day and then spreading into Alboran Sea later.
4) A trough or weak low pressure will be south to north off the east coast of Spain. Unsettled weather with winds mainly light except for light coast sea breezes.
General Forecast along race route
*** TUESDAY (14-APR-2015) ***
* 30N to 35N and 20W to Moroccan Coast *
WIND: NW 15-20. Some gusts 25 possible, especially western sections near 20W.. East of 15W, generally W/SW 10-20, except lighter near Madeira.
WEATHER: Variable clouds with a chance of showers and a few squalls.
* SW Med *
WIND: NE 15-25. Stronger over the northern half of the waters between Algeria and Spain.
SEAS: 1-2m except 1m near the Spanish coast.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy.
* Gulf of Valencia and Balearic Sea *
WIND: Light and variable except E 5-10 over the Gulf of Valencia. A E/SE sea breeze from Valencia north in the afternoon. Light and variable area of divergence offshore.
SEAS: Less than 1,
WEATHER: Partly cloudy.