The World Yacht Racing Forum, tomorrow in Barcelona
The seventh edition of the World Yacht Racing Forum begins tomorrow in Barcelona, with the support of Fundació Navegació Oceànica Barcelona, the organiser of the Barcelona World Race
The World Yacht Racing Forum 2014, which will be held from tomorrow Wednesday 10th untill Thursday 11th at Hotel Hesperia Tower, will be centered around the theme "Growing the Business Of Yacht Racing”. The event facilitates business development through providing quality networking opportunities with decision makers from all areas within the industry. Over 200 delegates and more than 50 speakers are expected.
Subjects debated will include the diversification of the sport, yacht racing in emerging markets, sponsorship, sailing class management and much more. The list of speakers includes some of todays’ greatest actors from within the yacht racing industry: Rob Weiland, Sir Keith Mills, Bryan Winning, Pepe Ribes, Julien Goupil, Michelle Warner, David Brabis, Dirk Kramers and many more.
Co-located with the Forum, the Yacht Racing Design & Technology Symposium will once again bring an important technical counterpoint to the commercial discussions that occur in the Forum. It will focus on the latest developments issued from the IMOCA, the Volvo Ocean Race or the America’s Cup, foils and flying boats, rigid sails and new materials. On day two, the YRDTS will combine itself with the WYRF to conduct round-table discussions based on topics of interest for both yacht racing technicians and marketers.
The Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image 2014 will be announced and celebrated during the Forum, on Thursday. Whilst the international Jury has already chosen the Image of the Year, the delegates from the Forum and the Symposium will be asked to vote to select the winner of the public award.
Key personalities involved in the World Yacht Racing Forum 2014 include:
- Rob Weiland, TP 52 Class manager
- Sir Keith Mills, President - Open Sports Management & Founder Shareholder Ben Ainslie Racing
- Bryan Winning, Director Business Development - Oman Sail
- Pepe Ribes, Co Skipper - Hugo Boss
- Herve Favre, Director Of Sailing - OC Group
- Julien Goupil, Director Of Media - ASO
- Guillaume Semblat, Managing Director - Le Telegramme Development
- Felix Weidling, Sailing Manager - Kiel Week
- Michelle Warner, Sales & Marketing Director - Cowes Week
- Randy Draftz, Event Director - Charleston Race Week
- David Brabis, CEO - Vendee Globe
- Stuart Hosford, CEO - Team Hugo Boss and Alex Thomson Racing
- Dirk Kramers, Design Team - Ben Ainslie Racing