Weather Forecast 10/04/2015
Renault Captur has slowed approaching an area of light winds where low pressure is dissipating off the southwest coast of Portugal.
Spirit of Hungary continues to reach quickly north in moderate ENE trade winds. The trades have resurged recently, and are expected to strength a bit more today and into early tomorrow.
*** SYNOPSIS ***
00Z FRIDAY (10-APR-2015)
1) High pressure (1029mb) near 35N/34W. The high pushing south by a cold
front just to its north along 50N/23W to 40N/32W to 36N/45W.
2) Weak low pressure (1020mb) just southwest of Lisbon, weakening and
slowly moving north.
3) N/NE winds west of Madeira and north of 30N. South of 30N, generally
NE/NNE trade winds moderate strength.
4) Between the low and Mardeira/Morocco, and ars of light and variable
winds. The low weakens enough so that the circulation is cut off.
Nearly calm or variable winds over the Gulf of Cadiz.
5) Eíly winds through the Gibraltar Strait.
6) NE/E winds continue south of Spain with moderate strength. Rough seas
will likely linger.
7) A trough of low pressure south of Palma, with E/SE winds across Palma
veering E/NE along the immediate Spanish coast.
00Z SATURDAY (11-APR-2015)
1) High pressure (1028mb) near 36N/23W with a ridge extending northeast
to 41N/15W and southwest to 31N/38W.
2) South of the ridge, light-moderate N winds along the Portuguese coast
will extend south to 30N, backing NNW along the Moroccan coast and
into the Gulf of Cadiz. From Madeira west, winds veer NE.
3) The trade winds south of 30N are moderate NE/ENE, generally stronger
east of 28W. Strongest winds will be along the Afican coast from the
Canary Islands to Cape Verde Islands. Light and patchy winds west of
30W from 20N to 30N.
4) A weak trough of low pressure over the Balearic Islands will support
light to moderate NE/E winds south of Spain over the southwestern Med
and Alboran Sea. Coastal winds will be much lighter, and veer SE
during the afternoon due to thermal sea breezes.
5) Across the Gulf of Valencia and north to Barcelona, NE gradient flow
is generally light to light-moderate. Winds much lighter closer to the
coast, veering right with weak afternoon coastal sea breezes.
00Z SUNDAY (12-APR-2015)
1) High pressure (1023mb) of the coast of Galicia Spain maintains a ridge
south-southwest to just northwest of Madeira. A low pressure (1007mb)
near 45N/21W with a cold front extending south-southwest to 33N/30W.
The front moves south to 30N west of 17W through the day.
2) NE trades south of 30N will back N with time weaken. NE winds along
the Portuguese coast to Madeira and Canary Islands ease and back N
3) Moderate to fresh Eíly through the Gibraltar Strait.
4) High pressure over central Europe will support NE/E winds off the
south and east coasts of Spain. Winds will be stronger offshore and
from the Balearic Islands to the Algerian coast.
5) Closer to the Spanish shore, overnight drainage winds will generally
lead to lighter breeze of local N/NW winds. Daytime sea breezes will
be present, but generally light under the influence of unfavorable NE
General Forecast along race route
*** FRIDAY (10-APR-2015) ***
* 20N to 25N and 35W to 25W *
WIND: ENE 10-15.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy.
* 25N to 30N and 35W to 25W *
WIND: ENE tending E 10-15.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy.
* 32N to 37N and 17W to Gulf of Cadiz *
WIND: Light and variable east of 13W, otherwise generally NW 5-10. Tending
N all areas and increase 10-15.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy with a chance of a few scattered showers.