INFORMATION & RESOURCES
The educational programme Following the Barcelona World Race is a resource that allows students and teachers to follow the regatta from inside their own classrooms.
The educational programme's objectives are as follows:
- To enable effective and significant learning through an event taking place in real time.
- To incorporate the use of technology into the teaching/learning process for students.
- To foster a respectful approach to the environment in which the regatta takes place: the sea.
- To promote the sport of sailing and its guiding principles.
Who is it for?
It is aimed at all students from the final stages of primary school (ages 10-12), through to secondary school level education.
The proposed educational content is based around three key themes:
- The blue planet: This part allows students to find out more about the environment the regatta takes place in: the sea. It looks at how this affects the sport of sailing.
- The human being: This brings them closer to the experience of the sailors during the regatta and also the relationship between humans and the sea throughout history; from a social, economic and cultural point of view.
- Navigation: Students learn about onboard technologies and how sailing and navigation have developed from a technological perspective.