Butlletí del 31/03/2015
Una feble alta pressió sobre Espanya i la Mediterrània sud-occidental fa que el GAES Centros Auditivos navegui amb vents lleugers al llarg de la costa. Aquests seran reemplaçats per brises marines moderades del SE a la tarda.
El We Are Water i el One Planet, One Ocean & Pharmaton estan navegant cap al NE just al sud d'una dorsal anticiclònica. Hi ha un delicat equilibri de vents lleugers prop de la dorsal i de més forts, però de cenyida, cap al sud.
El Renault Captur continua en relativament dèbils però sostenibles vents alisis del NE. Estan buscant la rolada del vent per poder navegar a un rumb més al nord, però sembla que això encara trigarà un dia o dos.
L’Spirit of Hungary ha avançat bastant cap al nord amb els vents alisis del SE, però aviat començaran a entrar a la zona dels doldrums. El vent els disminuirà avui i podrà ser molt feble aquesta nit i demà.
Barcelona World Race
Issued 0300Z 31-MAR-2015
OVERVIEW: Weak high pressure over Spain and the southwestern Mediterranean
has third place GAES Centros Auditivos negotiating light overnight drainage
winds along the coast. These will be replaced by moderate afternoon sea
breezes from the SE this afternoon.
We Are Water and One Planet are sailing northeast just south of a high
pressure ridge. It is a delicate balance of light winds close to the ridge
and slightly stronger, but upwind sailing to the south.
Renault Captur continues in relatively weak but sustainable NE trade winds.
They are looking for winds veering so they can sail a more northerly course,
but that appears to be a day or two away yet.
Spirit of Hungary has made good progress north in SE trade winds. But they
will be arriving at a wide and light doldrums soon. Winds will be easing
today and could become very light tonight and into tomorrow.
*** SYNOPSIS ***
00Z TUESDAY (31-MAR-2015)
1) Moderate E/SE trade winds from 16S to 04S, where the southern doldrums
boundary will be present.
2) The doldrums will be wide ñ especially east of 30W. There, extremely
light and variable winds from 04S to about 01N. West of 30W, some E
winds will persist within the doldrums.
3) The North Atlantic trade winds will be backed NNE west of 30W and
mainly moderate in strength from 03N to 18N. East of 30W, N/NNE winds
much lighter south of 08N. Then NE moderate trades north of 08N to 22N.
4) High pressure (1035mb) near 40N/18W. Stronger N winds along the
Portuguese coast veering NE from Madeira to the Canary Islands.
5) In the med, a strong NW mistral out of the Gulf of Lyon, but winds
well west of the sailing area. Closer to spain, mainly easing W winds
through the Gibraltar Strait, extending to Ibiza. A transition zone
across the Gulf of Valencia to Palma, then developing NW winds along
the Spanish coast south of Barcelona.
00Z WEDNESDAY (01-APR-2015)
1) The Trade wind zone of the South Atlantic between 16S and 04S along
30W. E/ESE winds at 16S veer to SE at 04S and the southern doldrums
boundary. Strongest winds within the doldrums will be between about
14S and 08S.
2) Doldrums narrow to 04S to 02S, but Níly winds on the north side are
light for some distance N. The doldrums will be wider east of 30W and
a narrower west of 30W.
3) East of 30W, Níly winds veer to more typical NE trade winds and
increase. West of 30W, NNE trade winds are more persistent from the
Equator to 07N.
4) From 07N, NE trade winds moderate but somewhat unstable north to 27N.
Winds more left-shifted to NNE and stronger off the African coast and
between the Canary Islands and Cape Verde Islands.
5) High pressure (1036mb) near 43S/17W, with a ridge extending southwest
to 30N/30W. Generally N winds off Portuguese coast veering to NE/E
across Madeira and to 30N.
6) Light and variable conditions Gibraltar Strait and across the Alboran
Sea and much of the southwestern Mediterranean Sea. Local overnight
drainage winds and daytime coastal sea breezes.
7) A NW mistral will be blowing across the Gulf of Lyon, but this breeze
is not expected to extend to the Balearic Sea or Gulf of Valencia.
Here, coastal drainage winds will dominate overnight and morning hours,
with afternoon sea breeze developing along much of the coast.
00Z THURSDAY (02-APR-2015)
1) The doldrums lying between 05S and 02S at 30W. But even north of the
doldrums, there will be some anomalously light and left-shifted winds.
Very light and headed conditions are likely even north of the doldrums
north to 05N and east of 32W. NNE trades will fill better to the
northern doldrums boundary/equator west of about 32W.
2) North of 05N, NE trades, stronger west of 30W. By 14N, the emphasis
for stronger trades shifts to east of 30W, all the way north to near
3) High pressure (1029mb) near 32N/31W with a ridge extending northeast
to another high (1033mb) over the southern Bay of Biscay. Moderate NW
flow from off the Iberian coast to Madeira and the Canary Islands.
4) A trough of low pressure will be along the Moroccan coast.
5) High pressure (1028mb) will be near Palma. Between the high and trough,
a moderate to fresh Eíly is expected south of Spain to the Gibraltar
Strait. West of the Strait, a strong Eíly outflow into the Gulf of
6) Along the eastern Spanish coast, from Ibiza to Barcelona, diurnal
winds prevail with coastal land breezes overnight and morning,
transitioning to SE sea breezes in the afternoon.
General Forecast along race route
*** TUESDAY (31-MAR-2015) ***
* 10S to 05S and 35W to 25W *
WIND: SE 10-15, easing close to 05S.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy, scattered showers.
* 05S to 00N and 35W to 25W *
WIND: SE tending E 05S to 03S, easing 10 to 5. Between 03S and 01S,
generally E around 5. North of 01S, becoming N/NE 5-10. Lighter and
variable east of 30W.
SEAS: 1m or less
WEATHER: Partly cloudy, with showers and a few thunderstorms.
* 10N to 15N and 40W to 30W *
WIND: NE 10-15
WEATHER: Partly cloudy.
* 15N to 20N and 40W to 30W *
WIND: NE 10-15
WEATHER: Partly cloudy.
* 30N to 35N and 27W to 17W
WIND: E 10-15.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy.
* Southwestern Mediterranean Sea *
WIND: Light and variable except for coastal drainage winds overnight and
morning hours. Sea breezes along the immediate coast in the afternoon
tending SE 10-15.
WEATHER: Partly to mostly sunny