Butlletí del 12/03/2015
El Cheminées Poujoulat està navegant amb alisis moderats del NE que augmentaran amb angles més oberts permetent-li un rumb nord més directe.
Com era d'esperar, el Neutrogena i el GAES Centros Auditivos estan cobrant impuls a mesura guanyen nord i que els alisis rolen i es refermen. Les calmes equatorials estan just al sud de l'equador, pel que ambdós estan encara a uns dies d'entrar a l'hemisferi nord.
El We Are Water i el One Planet, One Ocean & Pharmaton segueixen navegant cap al NE amb vents del SW que van afluixant. Hauran de creuar per una zona de vents lleugers en els pròxims dos dies per començar a fer el seu camí cap al nord, cap als vents alisis un cop sobrepassats els 30ºS
El Renault Captur té vents molt més lleugers associats a una feble alta pressió al nord-oest de les Illes Malvines. Els vents del N i NE s'incrementaran avui mentre l'anticicló es mou ràpidament a l'est de les Malvines.
El Spirit of Hungary es troba encara cons forts vents del W / SW, però les condicions s'han alleugerit des d'ahir.
*** SYNOPSIS ***
00Z THURSDAY (12-MAR-2015):
1) High pressure (1020mb) near 43S/113W, with a ridge extending to the
southwest near 51S/136W.
2) A deep low pressure (956mb) near 62S/90W embedded within a broad
trough along 90W. A broad flow of strong SW winds west of the trough
axis to 110W. NW/N flow extends east of the trough to Cape Horn, with
some storm force winds along the coast off Punta Arena.
3) Weak high pressure (1014mb) will be near the Falkland Islands, with a
ridge extending northeast to another high (1018mb) near 40S/42W.
4) Low pressure (979mnb) near South Georgia Island with a fresh SW flow
between this low and high pressure to the north.
5) Light winds under high pressure along 40S.
6) A low pressure (1003mb) off the Brazilian coast near 30S/45W.
7) High pressure (1025mb) near 37S/15W. between the low pressure and high,
Níly winds north of 38S.
8) North of 30N, winds veer N/NE to E at 20S, with moderate trade winds
extending to the doldrums at the Equator.
9) North of the Equator, solid NE trade winds moderate in strength all
the way to the Cape Verde Islands.
00Z Friday (13-MAR-2015):
1) High pressure (1026mb) near 39S/103W.
2) Low pressure (977mb) near 65S/125W and another (960mb) near 67S/80W.
3) A fresh SWíly holds between the high pressure to the north and low
pressures to the south from 120W to the Chilean coast.
4) High pressure (1021mb) near 52S/44W. Fresh N winds west of the high to
5) A stationary front lies southeast off the Brazilian coast from 28W/48S
to 35S/35W to 41S/22W then on southeast as cold front. There will be
multiple waves of low pressure moving southeast along the frontal
boundary. South of the front, SE winds, North of the front NW winds
around the western periphery of the South Atlantic high which will be
east of 30S/00W. A ridge will extend northwest of the high to Vila
Velha on the Brazilian coast.
6) North of the ridge axis, winds veer NE/E to the trade wind direction.
7) The Doldrums will be around 01S to 01N, but do not look particularly
wide or light. A quick transition to NE trade winds north of 01N.
8) The trades are moderate north of the doldrums before becoming fresh
north and west of the Cape Verde Islands.
00Z Saturday (14-MAR-2015)
1) Low pressure will hold south of about 59S in the Pacific. Broad Wíly
flow between 58S and 46S into the Chilean coast. This flow will extend
across Cape Horn and the Falkland Islands.
2) A front will extend north to south from about BA to 52S/50W with NW/N
winds east of the front and SW/W winds west of the front.
3) High pressure (1026mb) near 50S/30W.
4) A stationary front will lie west to east along 31S off the Brazil
coast. NW/W winds north of the front to 26S
5) The Sub-tropical ridge will move to 25S, with a 3-4 deg wide band of
light and variable conditions.
6) E/SE trade winds north of the ridge.
7) The doldrums may be shifting north from 00N to 02N. NE trade winds may
be weakening north of the doldrums, but should be moderate north of
General Forecast along race route
*** THURSDAY (12-MAR-2015) ***
* 49S to 54S and 110W to 100W *
WIND: SW tending W 25-35 easing 15-25.
SEAS: 6-9m subsiding 4-6m
WEATHER: Cloudy with squalls easing to showers. Chance of rain arriving
from the west later in the period.
* 49S to 54S and 100W to 090W *
WIND: SW 30-40 gusting 45-50 easing 25-35/
WEATHER: Cloudy with frequent squalls likely.
* 50S to 55S and 65W to 55W *
WIND: N 25-35 at 65W decreasing to 15-20 at 55W.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy, with a chance of showers developing, especially
* 45S to 50S and 65W to 55W
WIND: West of 60W, N/NW 15-20, lighter near 45S. East of 60W, NE/E 15-20.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy.
* 40S to 45S and 40W to 30W
WIND: S/SW 15-20 at 45S tending Variable near 40S.
WEATHER: Showers near 45S, otherwise partly cloudy.
* 35S to 40S and 40W to 30W
WIND: South of 32S, E 10-20, except 30 near 33S. North of 32S, NW 15-25
WEATHER: Cloudy with rain and a few squalls likely
* 15S to 20S and 35W to 25W *
WIND: NE/E 10-15
* 10S to 15S and 35W to 25W *
WIND: E 12-17
WEATHER: Partly cloudy with showers likely.
* 03N to 10N and 30W to 25W *
WIND: NE 5-10 near 03N increasing to 10-15 north of 05N.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy with scattered showers.
* 10N to 15N and 35W to 25W *
WIND: NE 15-20.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy with scattered showers.